Pest control professionals know that the onset of warm, humid conditions makes summer the best time for household pests to become active. Bees, cockroaches, mice, and others tend to be more visible and active during the summer, which can wreak havoc in your home and your yard. Ants in the kitchen, mosquitoes in the back yard, spiders in every corner of your home – how can you find refuge from these unwelcome guests? Fortunately, there are effective ways to reduce or eliminate entry points and breeding grounds for certain pests on your property.
North Fulton Pest Solutions encourages homeowners to follow these simple steps to minimize the need for summer pest control services in the summer:
- Get rid of any standing water around your home. It’s a good idea to ask your neighbors to do the same. This can help prevent an onslaught of mosquitoes.
- Change bird bath water at least weekly, for the very same reason.
- Keep trees and bushes well-trimmed, especially plants that are close to your home. This makes it harder for some pests to crawl up and into your home.
- Make sure that garbage and recycling cans are covered to discourage wildlife and insects from feasting on your trash.
- Maintain pools by skimming debris and checking chemical levels regularly. This prevents mosquito larva from thriving on your property.
- Never stack wood up against your home. Wood provides a haven for carpenter bees and can encourage termites to colonize on your property.
- Repair holes or leaks in siding, screens, windows, gutters, and roofs immediately. All of these provide easy entry points for many insects and rodents.
If you discover a pest problem despite taking these precautions, it is always best to call a pest control professional to address the issue. Lots of people take matters into their own hands, but they often apply hardware store pest control products incorrectly or irresponsibly. Unfortunately, once someone tries the DIY route before calling a professional, it can make it harder for the pros to resolve the pest problem. Don’t waste your time and money – call a professional as soon as you recognize a summer pest control issue happening in your home.
North Fulton Pest Solutions has been fulfilling the pest control needs of businesses and families in the Atlanta area for four decades. Our highly trained experts can not only provide effective pest control product applications, but they can also advise you on additional ways that you can avoid further pest invasion. We pride ourselves on providing personalized and professional service that delivers effective results.