These 10 Things Will Change How You Feel About Residential Pest Control Services
Many homeowners underestimate their need for residential pest control services, because the actual consequences of having certain creepy-crawlies in the home is misunderstood. By now, everyone knows that bed bugs are one of the very hardest household pests to eliminate, and that they can cause rashes, bumps, and open sores on people. Getting rid of bed bugs usually involves a virtual gutting of the home and many treatments by a residential pest control company. But many other common household pests don’t register as a real concern for many people. Here are ten things that will change how you feel about residential pest control.
- Fleas can also be extremely difficult to eradicate. Flea eggs can lay dormant in carpet or furniture for months. Complete elimination will involve a visit to the veterinarian, and calling in a reputable residential pest control company.
- Cockroaches can make indoor allergy symptoms worse, and can trigger asthma attacks.
- Termites often hide underneath homes, completely unseen, while they cause millions of dollars worth of damage to American homes every year. Residential pest control technicians have ways to locate and eliminate hidden termite colonies.
- Carpenter ants excavate the wood components of homes, and can cause structural damage that rivals that of termites.
- Centipedes and millipedes do not cause damage to homes, and can be beneficial because they eat other insects. However, they can cause a painful bite for people.
- Few people know that the common house fly can cause dangerous diseases, including foot-and-mouth disease, tuberculosis, mastitis, and pinkeye. House flies can also carry dangerous streptococci and staphylococci bacteria.
- Mosquitoes are not just annoying bugs that cause itchy bites, but they can also carry potentially lethal diseases. Even here in the United States, mosquitoes have been found to carry and cause malaria, dengue fever, encephalitis, and West Nile Virus.
- Rats and mice can contaminate food with their urine, feces, and fur. They are also avid chewers that can destroy wood, wires, fabric, tubing, and insulation.
- You may think nothing of the humble little silverfish, but they like to eat substances that are high in sugar, protein, or starch – like cellulose insulation, book bindings, wallpaper, and linens.
- Spiders are widely regarded as beneficial creatures because they eat lots of other insects. Unless there is a high population of spiders, or if poisonous species like the brown recluse or black widow are spotted, spiders can often be safely left to their own devices.
Perhaps after reading this, you have decided that leaving your pests well enough alone will just not do. North Fulton Pest Solutions staffs the very best residential pest control professionals in the Atlanta area. Our experts know the most effective methods and treatments to identify and eliminate unwanted pests from all areas of your home.
To find out more about the residential pest control services contact North Fulton Pest Solutions.