When people ask us about the possibility of complete wildlife control, they are typically referring to the full eradication and exclusion of pests in the home. No more raccoons nesting in the attic, no mice under the kitchen sink, and no bats in the mud room ceiling. They don’t want to worry about future infestations either.
Achieving complete wildlife control is possible, but it takes the careful completion of the following seven steps:
- Identify the types of wildlife causing problems in the home. Certain animals need to be trapped, others can be chased out relocated, and others still may be eliminated with professional product applications. The approach depends on the animals being removed from the home.
- Opossums, raccoons, and other creatures nesting in the attic can easily be trapped or safely relocated depending upon the offending animal. The timing for trapping these animals is critical because if there are babies present, the entire nest needs to be removed at once.
- The good news about bats is that they o leave you other home at predictable times each day in search for food. We prefer to wait for bats to exit the structure before we seal up their entry points. Keep in mind that bats are a protected species in certain areas at particular times of the year. It’s always best to consult a wildlife professional when dealing with bats in your structure.
- The professional application of rodenticides in tamper resistant rodent control devices is sometimes the preferred method to get rid of any mice or rats lurking in your home. A trained pest control technician should perform this service to provide the best outcomes.
- After all of the wildlife has been removed from inside the home, it’s crucial to seal any possible entry points. This prevents future infestations and gives you peace of mind that your home is safe from more intruders.
- Next, any nests, messes, droppings, or urine left behind by the wildlife must be cleaned up. Animal excrement not only smells bad, but also may contain disease-causing germs which pose a threat to your family’s health.
- Some wildlife can also cause extensive damage to wiring, insulation, air ducts, and wood in your home. These damages must be identified and repaired to protect the safety, integrity, and value of your house.
North Fulton Pest Solutions has helped countless homeowners and businesses handle wildlife control situations of all kinds. Over the past 44 years, we have pretty much seen and done it all. No matter what kind of wildlife situation you are facing, our trained and experienced team stands ready to assist you with a quick and complete wildlife control plan. Click here to learn more about our list of complete wildlife control services.